LCN Eligibility Policy
L’Anse Creuse North Athletic Eligibility Policy
In order to be eligible to participate in a sport all students athletes must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
– (1) Meet eligibility standards of MHSAA, have passed 66% or better of all classes the previous semester and currently be passing 66% or more of his/her current classes.
– (2) Meet eligibility standards of LCPS, have passed all classes in the previous quarter or semester and current quarter.
- If a student fails one or more classes and wishes to participate in a sport that student must:
– 1. Attend Summer School to achieve the necessary credits for a Fall Sport if the class(es) was failed the previous June.
- If a student chooses not to attend Summer School to achieve the necessary credits, that student may not participate in any game until the first two weeks of school are completed and the student is shown to be passing all classes in the new school year.
– 2. If a student fails one or more classes in the previous quarter or semester for a Winter or Spring Sport, that student may not participate in any game until the first two weeks of the second semester is completed and the student is shown to be passing all classes in the new semester. During this two week period the student must attend after school support sessions.
– 3. **If more than two classes are failed the student is unable to participate in a Winter or Spring Sport.
- Weekly grades checks will be performed and students must be passing all classes at the time of the grade check. If they have a failing grade they must sit out until the grade is raised to a passing level.
- Appeal Process:
- An Appeal must be completed within 10 (ten) days of the receipt of final semester grades.
This may be used by students who are requesting to waive the two-week mandatory ineligibility period for semester class failure and must include:
1). No unexcused absences
2). No missing assignments
3). Signatures of the Athletic Director, Principal, and Counselor
Appeal forms are available in the Athletic Office and must be completed by the student and teacher within 10 (ten) days after receipt of final grades.
This Athletic Policy follows all MHSAA and LCPS guidelines and applied to ALL student-athletes. If you have any questions please contact the Athletic Department at 586-493-5270 ext 1203.